Saturday, May 3, 2014

18 Km :)

Well, hi everyone! When I first saw the task in the class blog, I didn't know what to tell you about, so I started thinking of what happened to me this week, and then I remembered my last week goal, this made me sooo extremelly happy so I will tell you about it. I really love riding my bike, my parents gave it to me in my ninth birthday and it was a complete surprise, it is a very resistant machine, believe me ;)  Anyway, the last weeks I was seriously thinking in riding my bike to uni, it was a very hard decision because I live in Puente Alto and there are almost 18 to 20 km. to the campus, in Ñuñoa. So every night I gave myself the encourage to do it but every morning I got scared, and during the breakfast started to think "what if...". The main problem was that I didn't have helmet and a strong chain to tie it, and that made me feel unsafe, so I decided not going on bycicle and do it when I could buy those implements, wich would be next month (in May), a very sad decision. But one day I woke up with enough time and I found no excuses, I could go slowly by the sidewalk and be very carefully. I put my sneakers and took the bike. If you ride your bicycle often maybe you'll understand what I mean, it was a completely exciting trip, and I could feel the chilling wind in my face...  I just couldn't stop smiling. When I entered in the campus I felt completely victorious, I was competing with my own fears and I won. Then I did it the next day, and I felt just the same :D So now I'm planning to go to uni on bicycle everyday but first I will buy a helmet and a kryptonite u lock, because they're more resistant. The most important part of all this is that I will become one more of the people who doesn't take the public transportation, wich I personally hate, and that will reduce my carbon footprint :D
My family and I are always trying to be "earth friendly", you know, we recycle (there's a recycling park near my house) and we're very concious about the water use and the energy saving, so this is very important to me and a big step forward.
Hope you're enyoying this long weekend, see you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Great, you have a very good physical condition, and great value :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that your great journey, which is long, because I also live in "Puente Alto" =) !!!!

    ReplyDelete